Poultry Treadle Feeder 12 kg
Treadle feeder 12 kg
1 in stock
This poultry treadle feeder would have to be the best there is on the market, so much thought has gone into this unit that it would please any poultry enthusiast.
This treadle feeder can be adjusted to suit small bantams (250 grams, such as Dutch bantams, Japanese Bantams, Seabrights, etc) through to large birds (2 kg or greater, Australorps, Orpingtons, etc) in it’s unique 6 position adjustments.
- The design of this innovative new treadle feeder reduces vermin problems and food waste
- Stepping on the mechanical treadle, the bird opens the tilt door that gives access to the feed
- A rubber bumper prevents the tilt door from hitting the feeder back wall to reduce noise
- Designed not to be opened by small animals such as wild birds, mice and rats
- To train your birds to use the feeder, simply weigh the treadle for a few days allowing free access to the feed. The weight can be removed once they are regularly feeding from the treadle feeder
- These feeders are weather proof and are suitable for outdoor use
- The feeder is pre-assembled, except for the treadle and the feet, which are mounted easily. Unit is packaged in compact and sturdy carton boxes
Introducing the new design improvements, which provide the following advantages:
- Constructed of metal for long life with limited plastic parts
- Diamond-shaped lid to avoid stagnant water
- Lid blocking button and tilt door hinges made from nylon for a longer life
- Perforated metal treadle to easily remove dirt and to provide the bird with a steady and comfortable support
- Hook to adjust the treadle height
- Plastic supporting feet to avoid the direct contact of the sheet with the soil, thus preventing oxidations that compromise the feeder life
- Knurled knob to adjust the height of the feed distribution shutter
- Anti-waste nylon grid. It prevents the birds from scooping out the feed
- Anti-drip rim to prevent the feed from getting wet
You will need an 8mm spanner, strong pliers and a pair of gloves to assemble this unit. However once set it will save you heaps of money. Start feeding your birds and stop feeding sparrows and mice!
|Dimensions||37 x 26 x 48 cm|