The NEW EcoGlow Safety 600 Chick Brooder is the efficient and safe way to keeping newly hatched poultry, game and waterfowl warm. Suitable for up to 20 chicks. Sealed to the stringent IPX7 electrical safety standard and operates at 12v for electrical safety, mains adaptor included.
The EcoGlow Safety 600 is ideal for keeping newly hatched poultry, game and waterfowl warm for the crucial first days and weeks. The low voltage heater panel warms the chicks directly by contact and radiant heat and is far more economical than a conventional infrared lamp, using about 5% of the electricity of a 250 watt suspended lamp, which is important when heating for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Contact with the EcoGlow Safety 600 is a more natural way of raising chicks than a heat lamp. It avoids the stress of being under light both day and night, the chicks get used to the natural light changes of night and day which improves weight gain and feather growth.
- The metal heater plate of the EcoGlow Safety 600 improves heat radiation and evenness of temperature under the brooder as metal is a much better conductor of heat compared to plastic alternatives. The lower contact temperature and the easy height adjustment means that chicks can be ‘contact brooded’ (like the mother hen) for maximum comfort and lowest wasted energy.
- The new flared ‘skirt’ around the heater retains more heat, improving efficiency and reducing energy use.
- The EcoGlow Safety 600 has easy height adjustment for a wide range of chick sizes and its tough plastic and metal construction makes it durable and easy to clean.
- Water-tight (IPX7 Safety Standard) construction and low voltage operation are designed to comply with stringent electrical safety standards.
- Supplied with a mains adaptor incorporating a 3 metre lead.
- FREE 3 year guarantee when registered online.
This product is for indoor use only and the room temperature should not drop below 10° C (50 F).
Dimensions: 291 x 208 x 61mm (panel only)
Maximum power consumption: 12 watts
You can also purchase separately a protective cover for your EcoGlow Safety 600 brooder, by clicking HERE.
1 x Brinsea EcoGlow 20 Brooder plate
1 x Brinsea EcoGlow Brooder Power Adaptor (Australian Household plug converts 240V to 12 V) 3 metre lead
1 x Set of four adjustable twist legs
1 x Instructions
Free 3 year guarantee when purchased in Australia through Top Knot Poultry Supplies.
For indoor use only – room temperature should not drop below 10 degrees at night.